Results 1 to 2 of 2
2008-05-29, 21:35 #1
- Join Date
- Jun 2001
- Niagara Falls, New York, USA
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Faking It - a Suggestion (Access All Versions)
Some other Scramble Data solutions:
Data Anonymous (Scramble That Data) I
2008-05-29, 22:18 #2
- Join Date
- Jan 2001
- Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
- Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Faking It - a Suggestion (Access All Versions)
Occasionally, I need to build a database without data. This could be for a couple of reasons; 1) the data is too sensitive for me to take away, or 2) it is for a new function and no data has been collected yet.
Yet there is nothing like having data to test what you build.
I also hate data entry.
If you are in a similar situation you may find the attached Excel file to be useful. I use variations of this file to create all sorts of fake data.
A couple of points: 1) The file makes extensive use of the RANDBETWEEN function. This requires the installation of the Analysis Toolpack (Excel 2003) Add-in.
2) Obviously, the data I'm generating is Medicine Hat-centric, but you can find sites like Top 100 Baby Names , Wikipedia Most Common Surnames, and Vancouver Street Name List to customize your output.
I hope you find this helpful.[b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
WebGenii Home Page
Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile