Lounger
    Thanks

Share Calendar, Contacts (e-mail?) over LAN (OL2000, Win98)

I'm helping a friend with a home office network his computers (3) and I'm trying to find out if it is possible to have a user on one computer view or edit the calendar, contacts or e-mail folders on the main computer.
    Is this possible and what is the easiest way to accomplish this?
    TIA
    Gary

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Share Calendar, Contacts (e-mail?) over LAN (OL2000, Win98)

Answer: Sure. Just share the folder in which the PST resides on the PC that uses Outlook. Have the 2nd and 3rd PCs File-Open-Personal Folders file and choose the file on PC#1. Ramification: You can only have Outlook open on one PC at a time because you can only open one instance of a PST file--they cannot be opened by more than one person (PC) at a time. If he wants to install exchange server, that's a different story--about which I know nothing, LOL.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Share Calendar, Contacts (e-mail?) over LAN (OL2000, Win98)

no, not really. Best method is to walk to the other machine or use a remote access program - VNC or PC Anywhere to access the other desktop. (Win2k and XP have remote access built in)

if only one outlook is going to access the pst at a time, you can open it from any machine, but a pst wasn't made for sharing like that and it won't work if two outlook's have it open.