3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Wista Wierdness (Ultimate)

I have two accounts installed one with admin and the other limited account. Certain programs line Notepad, Windows Mail, Windows Movie Maker if I click on the menu bar will immediately close the application no error messages on both the installed account but if I run it as an Administrator things are ok. Here's another thing if I right-click the sidebar, it too will close without any warning. No other application currently running in the foreground just Norton Internet Securities. Anybody have experience this weirdness? What could possibly happening?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Re: Wista Wierdness (Ultimate)

Have you installed any Windows Live components? I've seen something that suggests that one of the WL components causes this issue.

Joe
    Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

No I have not installed additional Windows Live components. Like I said I could hardly use it because it would close on me even if I try to use keyboard combination to access the menu bar. Certain Vista update I know were installed mostly the ones pushed using automatic update. The Administrator account for some reason doesn't suffer from this. The other account with admin priveleges though is having trouble running the applications I mentioned. I may have to check again to see if some Windows Live component were installed. Thanks for your suggestion.

Administrator
    Thanks

Could be your accounts are corrupt. Can you re-boot and login as the Administrator and create a new account with admin privileges?

Joe
    Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Both accounts are useable meaning I could login and run other applications without problem. Isn't it that when a user account is corrupt the first thing you won't be able to do is login? But I will try your suggestion and create another account with admin privelege and see what happen. When I go home tonight I will try it out.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Wow your suggestion worked. Thank you appreciate your help.

Administrator
    Thanks

Great!!! Glad it worked. Thanks for posting back. That may help another Lounger in the future.

Joe
    Joe