3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Font resizes when printing multiple copies (2000 SR1a)

I have a very irritating bug. I have a spreadsheet with vertically aligned text in the top row. When I print multiple copies (through the print dialogue box) the first copy prints fine, then subsequent copies have the font resized to take up almost the whole sheet, way outside their original boxes, with only 2 headings visible. If I click the print button multiple times as an alternative way to do this, there's no problem. Unfortunately sometimes I forget! I don't have this problem printing anything else.

I remember reading somewhere that there was a problem with collation, so I have unchecked collate copies, but then it only prints one copy no matter what the value in the number of copies box is.

Anyone else had similar problems (can't find anything on this site, MSKB or a google search)?

Printing over a LAN to a HP Laserjet 4000 using Win2k driver for this model.

Sorry, just to add, it's only the Vertically aligned text (ie -90 degrees) that is resized, all the other text (in the same font) is unaffected.

Just to add it's a true type font.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Font resizes when printing multiple copies (2000 SR1a)

I assume that the text on the screen is not resized when this happens. If that is the case, then it is almost certaianly a problem with the printer driver. Check the HP site to see if there is a later version of the driver.

You might also check to see if it happens on other printers of the same type, and other printers of different types if there are any available on the network.
    Legare Coleman