5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Create email template (2003)

I've automated Outlook to create an email and I'm using a memo field to set the .Body text. How difficult would it be to create some 'boilerplate (rich) text' in Outlook and use that instead? The memo field won't allow any text formatting. Thanks, Andy.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Create email template (2003)

If you're familiar with HTML, you could store the HTML code for the body text in the memo field, and set the .HTMLBody property of the mail message to the value of the memo field.

You can use the CreateItemFromTemplate method of the Outlook application object to create a new e-mail from a template (.oft file). You create a template by creating a new message, entering text and formatting it the way you want, then using File | Save As... to save it as an Outlook template (*.oft).

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Cheers. I like the HTML idea, but it would be hard/impossible for the users to subsequently modify. The Outlook template idea also sounds good, but there will be 2-7 users. I could copy the templates between them I suppose, but they would still have the same problem about changing it in the future?! I might end up leaving as is and letting them format it themselves before sending it. Thanks again, Andy.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You could store the template in a shared network folder.