Lounger
    Thanks

Document merge problem (Office XP Pro 2003 SP3)

A few years ago I had a problem selecting a query for a merge to a Word document. Hans offered the following solution to the problem:

"I recommend checking "Confirm Conversions at Open" in the General tab of Tools | Options... You will then get a choice of ways to connect to the database.

If you select OLE DB Database Files, tables and queries will be presented in one list.
    If you select MS Access Databases via DDE, you'll get a dialog with two tab pages: Tables and Queries.
    If you select MS Access Database via ODBC (or another ODBC data source), you'll only see tables by default, but you can click Options... and check Views. This will add queries to the list."

I have the same problem again. However, this time, it seems as though SP3 does not have the "Confirm Conversions at Open" in the General tab of Tools | Options... option. What do I need to do now to get a query list to select from? I tried working through the wizard but it just created a file in the Source Data folder and I get errors stating I have missing fields in my source file. When I check my source query, all the necessary data is there. Please help! Thank you.

Trena Roedel

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Document merge problem (Office XP Pro 2003 SP3)

Are you sure that you're looking in the Tools | Options dialog in Word? The option "Confirm conversion at Open" is still there!

An alternative way of setting this option is:
    - Start Word.
    - Press Alt+F11 to activate the Visual Basic Editor.
    - Press Ctrl+G to activate the Immediate window.
    - Type
    <code>
    Options.ConfirmConversions = True
    </code>
    - Press Enter.
    - Press Alt+F4 to close the Visual Basic Editor.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Document merge problem (Office XP Pro 2003 SP3)

Hans,

I think I will have to eat crow on this one. I was in Tools/Options in Access and not Word. The alternate option is great too. Thank you again for your help. As always, you are always fast and right!! I'm glad you are there to help.

Trena