Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Special Report (2003 )

I have a name/address data base and each record has several boolean (yes/no) parameters indicating the interests of each person such as card playing, golf, tennis, etc. I need to print out a directory of names associated with each interest something like the following:

TENNIS
    Name 1
    Name 2
    Name 3
    etc.

GOLF
    Name 1
    Name 2
    etc.

I suppose I could create a separate query and report for each interest (and there are many more than the 3 I cited above), but I would be interested to know if there is any way to automate the report process.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Special Report (2003 )

It would be better to use three tables:

- A table to store data about persons:

<table border=1><td>PersonID</td><td>LastName</td><td align=right>1</td><td>Tucker</td><td align=right>2</td><td>Jones</td><td align=right>3</td><td>Lopez</td></table>
    - A table to store data about hobbies:

<table border=1><td>HobbyID</td><td>Hobby</td><td align=right>1</td><td>Golf</td><td align=right>2</td><td>Tennis</td><td align=right>3</td><td>Bridge</td></table>
    - A table that lists people's hobbies, one record for each hobby of each person:

<table border=1><td>PersonID</td><td>HobbyID</td><td align=right>1</td><td align=right>1</td><td align=right>1</td><td align=right>2</td><td align=right>2</td><td align=right>3</td><td align=right>3</td><td align=right>1</td><td align=right>3</td><td align=right>3</td></table>
    This setup makes it very easy to produce a report grouped by hobby, or a report grouped by person, or to count the number of hobbies per person etc.