New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2007 Inbox not refreshing (2007 (12.0.6300.5000))

I have just upgraded to Outlook 2007 and am experiencing what appears to be a widespread problem. When I receive new mail to my inbox, the number of unread messages increments against the inbox folder in the mail folders pane on the left, but the message does not appear in the inbox. I have to click away to another folder, then click back to the inbox for then new messages to be displayed there. It appears that the inbox is not automatically refreshing after a send/receive is completed.

This problem features in a number of forums around the web but I have found no solution. Some suggested the Google Desktop Search was the culprit but, having firstly disabled, then uninstalled it, the problem remains. It is VERY annoying, given I had no such issue with Outlook 2003. Can anyone please offer a solution? Thanks!

Thanks

Re: Outlook 2007 Inbox not refreshing (2007 (12.0.

This isn't a solution but I'm curious whether pressing F9 (Send/Receive) refreshes the display.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts

Re: Outlook 2007 Inbox not refreshing (2007 (12.0.6300.5000))

Do you have any other addins running?

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook 2007 Inbox not refreshing (2007 (12.0.

No this is where the problem is occuring...after Send/Receive.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Othe add-ins are Agendus and iTunes (which I was not even aware an add-in existed within Outlook) however, the same problem occurs when I launch in Outlook Safe mode. Curiously I have seen three instances of everything working correctly since my post earlier today, but just now when receiving notification of your reply, I again experienced the same issue. A Google search will reveal a number of people with this issue around the web. I am about to do a clean install of Outlook 2007 onto both a clean Vista Ultimate SP1 install and XP SP2 install and will let you know how I get on.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts

If you are going to do clean installs, I'd recommend that after you install the OS you check Windows Update before you install Office. Make sure you have the most current network & video drivers installed. Do not install any other software. Then install Office 2007. Then, I'd install Office 2007 SP-1 and then once again check for updates. If everything is working OK begin installing other software. Be sure to keep track of the installation order and frequently check to see if Outlook is working correctly. If it fails at any time you should have a good idea of the culprit.

Joe
    Joe