New Lounger
    Thanks

Moving IMAP or POP3 Mail Profiles (2007)

I have a single Outlook profile with two GMAIL and one POP3 email accounts. I am able to ove my main Outlook profile to a data drive I have setup but I have been unable to find out if it is possible to also move the other three email accounts. If you look at the Advance Properties of you can see where the folder is located but you can't change the location here. I tried just moving the file but it just creates a new email file in the old location instead of asking where it has gone to like the pst file. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Moving IMAP or POP3 Mail Profiles (2007)

The accounts within a mail profile share the same .pst files. If you specify a .pst as delivery location, that will hold for all accounts within the profile.
    You can select which .pst file is the delivery location by selecting Tools | E-mail accounts... and selecting View or change existing e-mail accounts.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry I stuffed up the original post. I am referring to HTTP and IMAP email accounts. Nonetheless I had a look and only my POP3 accounts give you the option to change the location of where the emails are stored. The IMAP gives you an option to store your Sent Mail in a specific folder and refers to a Root Folder in the Advanced setting but this does not change where the .pst mail file is stored. My HTTP accounts give no option to change the location of where it creates and updates the .pst file associated with this account. Is there some other change I can make to centralise these ,pst files?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

An HTTP account does not use PST files it uses OST files. These are just copies of what is on the e-mail server. AFAIK, you can't configure where the OST files are stored.

Joe
    Joe