New Lounger
    Thanks

Email messages disappeared (Vista)

Any ideas?? While I was going over my email messages from today(all from reputable senders), ALL of my read messages disappeared. Among the 20 or so that disappeared were 3 that I have been unable to delete since about Oct. This is a Vista version, with webroot and nortons 360 running. I then experimented. I marked another message as read....went to sent....came back to inbox, and this message was gone too. Not moved to deleted...gone. I then went in and unchecked the 'mark messages read...' box. I went into inbox, moved an unopened message to a misc. sub-folder, marked as read (opened it), went to inbox and then back, and the message was still there. So I've figured out how to save messages this way, but still any read messages ( i've sent myself a few experimenting) in inbox permanently disappear when closing email or moving out of inbox. I haven't downloaded any Windows Updates since Jan.
    Brian

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Email messages disappeared (Vista)

I assume that you are using Windows Mail.

Have you created any rules?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi,
    Yes...Windows Mail....I don't know what you mean by creating rules??
    I've never had any of my computers ever do this. I've had this one since Sept. of last year, and suddenly yesterday it does this. It doesn't make any sense at all.
    Brian

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

To solve your problems,

1. You may somehow enable an option "Hide Read Messages". See Change the way Windows Mail looks, section "How can I change which messages are displayed in the message list?"

2. To delete "undeletable" messages, read How to Fix Most Problems with Vista's Windows Mail, section "How to Remove a Stuck Undeletable Message in Windows Mail"

3. To create rules in Windows Mail, see Organize mail using rules and folders