Results 1 to 2 of 2
2008-03-25, 17:50 #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2002
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lookup row based (WinXP SP2, XL 2003 UK)
Almost embarressed to ask, but it's been a while since I've been doing this so it has slipped my mind... <img src=/S/stupidme.gif border=0 alt=stupidme width=30 height=30> <img src=/S/blush.gif border=0 alt=blush width=15 height=15>
Got book "1" & "2"
Book 1 contains in Col A descriptive labels for annual accounting figures (col B onwards contain years, eg. B=2000, C=2001 etc...)
Book 2 - Cell C4 should show contents of Book 1 Cell B2, cell D4 should show Book 1 C2 etc..
In Book 2 col A, I type the number for the rows I want (eg. to get B2, col A shows '2')
Thought I could do a simple:
1. concatenation like =CONCATENATE('[Book1.xls]Input'!B$,$A3)
2. ampersand '&' like ="'[Book1.xls]Input'!B$"&$A3
- but none of this seems to work, so please - refresh my mind <img src=/S/bash.gif border=0 alt=bash width=35 height=39>
THX in advanceBests,
PS: Wish there were a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. There's a knob called "brightness," but that doesn't work
2008-03-25, 17:57 #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
- Thanked 29 Times in 29 Posts
Re: Lookup row based (WinXP SP2, XL 2003 UK)
You can use the INDIRECT function for this, but it will only work if Book1 is open.