Star Lounger
    Thanks

Clean Resource Names Dropdown (Project 2000/SR-1)

I have a very large scheduling file that has changed owners over the last several years. Currently, we use the Resource Name field to identify the group responsible for a specific task. Over the years, the entries have been abbreviated, mis-spelled, and simply shortened in error. Although I've removed all the bad entries, the dropdown list (not filter) continues to show the old entries. I've saved this as a database file, and I've seen the table containing the names, so I'm certain it's saved as a relational table in Project's hierarchy. However, I can't find a way to eliminate the bad entries. I'd appreciate any advice how to clean this list up.

Thanks in advance.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Clean Resource Names Dropdown (Project 2000/SR-1)

How did you remove the names and change the names that were abreviated? I was thinking that the only place you can eliminate them from is the Resource Sheet. Other places only remove single instances of the resource name.

Carla

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Clean Resource Names Dropdown (Project 2000/SR-1)

I've been on vacation and haven't been able to reply.

I didn't know about the Resource Sheet, Carla. I checked it out, found the entries I wanted to delete, and it fixed the problem beautifully. Thanks!