Star Lounger
    Thanks

Point to new table (2K)

Last year I created a table name AReport2006. I created numerous queries and reports that ran against this table. This year I have imported .xls data into AReport2007. Is there an easy way to change all the queries and reports to look at AReport2007 instead of AReport2006?

Thanks for any insight. I took an Access course, made up my queries and reports for something I do once a year, and have since forgotten everything!

Thanks for your help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Point to new table (2K)

The easiest way would be to make sure that Track Name AutoCorrect Info is OFF (in the general tab of Tools | Options), then rename AReport2006 to AReportOld and AReport2007 to AReport2006. You wouldn't need to modify any queries, forms or reports.

If you prefer to update the queries, forms and reports, take a look at Rick Fisher's Find and Replace for Microsoft Access, a modestly priced add-in for Access that lets you replace text in all database objects. You can download a functional trial version for free (limited to 30 days).

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

This might work. Then again, it might not!
    Go to Tools | Options | General and make sure that the Perform Name Autocorrect check box is ticked.
    Then, starting with your old AReport2006[/b] table :
    Rename AReport2006 to something like AReport2006Old. (This preserves it in case you need any of the data in the future)
    Import the new data (File | Get External Data |Import) as a new table, and when you name the table, call it AReport2006. (However, as you have already imported the data into table AReport2007, just rename AReport2007 as AReport2006)
    Then rename the new table AReport2006 (Right click on the table name and choose Rename from the context menu) as AReport2007.
    When I have renamed objects in the past, Access has cascaded the changed name through all the queries and reports that used the old name.
    Hope this works
    Silverback
    Silverback

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, guys. That insight gave me the direction to set up the procedure I will use each year. Very much appreciated.