3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

delete Desktop folder (Vista Home Premium)

I've gotten myself into a fix! After my recent cataract surgery, I'm not seeing too well (takes time, I'm told). I created a folder on the Desktop for practice files and intended on naming it PS4 files. I mistakenly named it PS$ instead. I can NOT delete this folder. I can't rename it.

Any suggestions?
    Barbara<div align='center'></div>

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: delete Desktop folder (Vista Home Premium)

Yes, I do get a menu when I right-click, John. I can choose Delete, then a window appears asking if I want to Delete. Next, I must confirm my decision, then Windows needs my permission to continue and finally, my request to Delete is denied.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Barbara,
    I suggest that you right click on the icon and choose Properties. Then select the Security tab and check the Permissions for all Group or User names for any ticks in the Deny column. If any permissions are denied are they denied for all names?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by Kropot68 on 31-Mar-08 08:34. Corrected name of folder)</P>Hope your recovery goes well.

What happens if you right click on the PS$ folder? I would expect a drop down menu to come up that includes the options delete and rename.

John

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks so much for helping solve this little irritant. I checked the Security tab and learned that I have all the Permissions necessary...but that suggestion caused me to take another look in the Properties and I discovered that the folder was marked "Read Only"!

Removing that check mark from "read only" solved my problem. Thanks again. Sometimes the simplest solution is right before my eyes and I don't see it!

The folder is now in my Recycle Bin. Woody's Lounge comes through for me once again.