Star Lounger
    Thanks

Burning music CD's (XP SP2)

I would guess this is off topic, but I couldn't see a suitable forum. My tacker is beginning to burn music CD's, and he only gets 20 songs per disk, Is this roughly correct? Is the burning software on XP suitable? he is using Nero I think. I have a CD of the Beatles IIRC has 5 Albums on it, how would have that been achieved?
    A suitable link to a general purpose intro to burning would be appreciated. Thanks. Rodney.

Thanks

Re: Burning music CD's (XP SP2)

It all comes down to the 'rip' settings, in other words, the compression/quality you have set when recording the original, I believe.

I'm not familiar enough with Nero to explain how it's down in that application, but in WMP the settings are under Options. If you are making a copy of a CD for archival purposes, I would recommend using the highest quality setting - you can always record a CD with a lower quality (e.g. Windows Media Audio or MP3), but you can't get back to a high quality recording from a low quality original.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif y.gif (23.9 KB, 1 views)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Burning music CD's (XP SP2)

Thanks very much, Leif. I'll have he who never makes his bed, read your post for info.