New Lounger
    Thanks

Data Table Error (MS Excel - Office 2003)

Data Table is giving incorrect results for simple sum and product functions as well.. i have used a simple 2 variable sum function and have replaced the variables by certain other values in the column n row next to the formula.. results in the table are incorrect.. have tried on many different systems.. finding this problem for first time.. never had this earlier.. have been using this data table feature for more than 2 years now.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. attached is a file as a sample to show the problem..!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Data Table Error (MS Excel - Office 2003)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

The problem is that B6 and A7 contain formulas that depend on the table input cells B1 and B2. If you enter 9% as a value in B6, and 4% as a value in A7, the data table will work correctly.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks a Million Hans. You are just great. It solved my problem and such a quick response!!. Can I add a follow up by asking you , what if I want the values in B6 and A7 to depend on the input cells instead of hardcoded numbers? Is there a work-around??
    Also, is there a work around if I have my input cells in a different sheet instead of the same sheet as the output data table??

Hans, your help will be greatly appreciated.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

As far as I can tell, the values above and to the left of the data table cannot depend on the values of the input cells. Even using the INDIRECT function doesn't work.

The input cells *must* be on the same worksheet as the data table, but the input cells themselves can contain formulas that refer to another sheet, e.g. =Sheet2!C1.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans

6. The Following User Says Thank You to vipulrawal For This Useful Post:

joshuaespencer (2012-11-22)