Silver Lounger
    Thanks

new meeting like old one (2003)

I would like to send a new meeting announcement that is similar to an old one. In particular, subject & location info and invitees don't change while date/time would change. The body of the invite would probably change also.

I don't want to update the existing notice and Send Update because that removes the original from my calendar. I checked the Actions and other menu items but could not find anything that fit my needs. The closest I came was to set the original notice up as a recurring meeting - for one time although I didn't carry this to the end of completing the invite to see if it would actually do what I want. It would seem that there should be a better way to do this.

Any ideas?

TIA

Fred

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: new meeting like old one (2003)

An active (that is, selected in the View) but not opened meeting item can be copied using the menu Edit | Copy, then select the time for the meeting "copy" and Paste the meeting there. Not on Exchange now so I can't test this all the way through, but I think the new meeting can then be Sent as an original, not an Update, but since it won't delete the source meeting which was copied, it shouldn't matter if you must use "Send Update".
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: new meeting like old one (2003)

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. I think I got started with what you suggested. But I don't think this is working.

One of the things I was trying to avoid was not having to select the meeting recipients again. This definitely does not seem to work.

Let me know what your tests turn up.

Fred