4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

subform

subform

2 Star Lounger
    Emerald Beach, New South Wales, Australia
    Thanks

Re: subform

It sounds like you are trying to add a new record at the main form level. Make sure that the combo that you are using to filter the sub form is unbound to prevent changing data at the top level. If this is the case you will not be able to shift the focus to the subform without undoing your entry in the combo box. Is this the case?

If you are displaying dat a in the sub form that relates to the current record in the main form this doesn't apply of course, but in that case you wouldn't be changing info in a combo box.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you very much, the combo box on my main form was bound & when I made it unbound I was able to add records to it successfully. Currently my combo box is linking to one field in the subform. Is it possible for the combo box to on the main form to auto populate NEW records that are added into the subform? I ask this b/c the comboBox only contains an anthologyTitle which is also in the subform as Ttitle, but there

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Your welcome.

"Is it possible for the combo box to on the main form to auto populate NEW records that are added into the subform? "

Yes, the link child/master fields does exactly this. The default value for the child field in a new record is the master field value. You can of course link multiple fields this way.

"comboBox only contains an anthologyTitle which is also in the subform as Ttitle, but there

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I did as you advised but now I

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'm not sure what went wrong but have a look at the attached db to see what I mean.
    Attached Files Attached Files