3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Vista SP1 Safe Boot problem (Vista HP-SP1)

I updated all drivers, etc so WMU told me SP1 was ready for download and install, which I did successfully. However, when I - as a test - tried to restart in safe boot mode (F8) (normal boot worked all right), my laptop hung up after something like crc....sys was loaded during the safe boot. Forced restarting did not work either, and as I have a preinstalled Vista with no bootdisk and a recoverydisk that does not allow me to enter some maintenance mode I reinstalled the last working version (before SP1 download) successfully from my Acronis backup.
    Has anybody any idea what could be wrong?

Regards, Teunis

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Re: Vista SP1 Safe Boot problem (Vista HP-SP1)

I read a thread about a BIOS update fixing the same issue. Make sure you have the most recent devie drivers for your system also.

Joe
    Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Joe,

I made carefully sure having the most recent drivers and BIOS. In my case the GTIPCI21.sys (TI Flash Card Driver) was a problem. I had indeed the version version 1.0.1.19. It took me a long time to find version version 1.0.1.20 on a HP site. After installing this one WMU recognised it and then made SP1 available.

It seems I have to wait until Toshiba - I have a Toshiba A100-PSAARE laptop - comes with some updates.

Regards, Teunis

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Notebooks are often tricky to get running with a service pack. The OEMs seem to have just enough proprietary hardware & software to make a service pack a dicey proposition. You'll probably have to check the Toshiba support site frequently.

Joe
    Joe