New Lounger
    Thanks

SolverAdd function problem (solution) (2003)

Yesterday, I found myself faced with the next problem. I wrote a code which had Solver functions to optimize a problem (it was an easy one).
    The code was:

SolverAdd CellRef:="$I$22", Relation:=2, FormulaText:="0"
    SolverOk SetCell:="$F$29", MaxMinVal:=2, ValueOf:="0", ByChange:="$F$22:$H$22"
    SolverSolve UserFinish:=True
    SolverFinish KeepFinal:=1

Surprisingly, when the code was ran, Solver found a bad solution. However, when I ran Solver from the menu, it found the correct one.

So, I tried many different solutions but I couldn't come to a successful one. The problem was that the restriction wasn't added. I searched in Google and found that "Solver sometimes does not add restrictions with SolverAdd when the field FormulaText is written in a specified way". In my case, this way was -> FormulaText:="0". It sometimes doesn't work with 0 nor 1. To solve this problem you have to write:

SolverAdd CellRef:="$I$22", Relation:=2, FormulaText:="=0" (an equal sign was added next to the zero)

It is recommended to write this whenever you have a number as the restriction. If you weren't to, the restriction could not be added.

Hope this helps!

All the best,

Federico.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: SolverAdd function problem (solution) (2003)

Thanks for posting, that should be useful to others!