Thanks

Shell Folders (Home Premium)

Is there an easy (read that "Safe and easy") way to add shell folders so that they will add to the various folders that show up in the user's personal area (Users%User Name%)?

I see how to change the location of these and I see where they are listed in the registry, but I don't see where you can actually add to those that show.

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Re: Shell Folders (Home Premium)

What's the objective other than just creating a folder?

Joe
    Joe

Thanks

Re: Shell Folders (Home Premium)

Joe:

It started because I was re-organizing. I had just restored an image that was pretty "vanilla", and I was re-pointing some of the folders (My Pictures, My Music, etc.) to where I actually keep them. I was going to add one or two of the same type that I use all the time, without having to clutter up the desktop.

In so doing, I found (goole) the place where the pointers aree for the "standard folders" (HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentV ersionExplorerShell Folders), so I putone of my own in just to try it -- after backing up the registry.

It didn't even show up in the C:UsersCWBillow folder -- as did/do noe of the others that DO show up when you (I) open up the CWBillow "folder" that defaults to the desktop.

So they're obviously not "standard" shortcuts, and yet they are editable - the ones that are there by default at least.

Regards,
    Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"