2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Calendar Old Appointments (Outlook 2003)

I have been using Outlook for 3 years or so. My boss asked me to look up a pass appointment that was around a year ago. I go back and don't see the appointment. It has disappeared. There must be some rule that either deletes or archieves old appointments. I never noticed this before. Is there a way I can have old appointments stay on my calendar, say for 2 years or so?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Calendar Old Appointments (Outlook 2003)

Turn off autoarchive. You may have been asked if you wish to archive on a regular basis - if you click yes, then your old appointments may be in your archive folder (seach for archive.pst - remeber to tick the box to look for hidden folders too)
    You can set auto archive to do it's job at set periods, going back for set periods of time.
    Have a look in Tools....Options...Other tab......AutoArchive and play with the settings in there. This should also tell you where your archive.pst folder is

You can open you archive.pst folder via File...Open...Oulook Data File... and give the location

John

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Re: Calendar Old Appointments (Outlook 2003)

You can also set a specific autoarchive period for each folder. Right click the folder and select Properties | Autoarchive.

Joe
    Joe