Silver Lounger
    California, USA

Posting to Body of EMail Message

I'm not sure if this is the correct Forum to post this to so feel free to move it (Hans).

I have been using a web e-mail program provided by a national cable company and have been encountering challenges when I try to paste text or objects to the body of the e-mail message. Needless to say I have contacted the cable company who supports the e-mail program but they have no clue as to why I am unable to paste. I do know that Sun's Java is envoked when I click on the compose button.

To make a long story short, one can compose e-mail messages in plain text and by using a graphical editor. The plain text of course only allows the pasting of text not objects while the graphical editor does not allow either.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Plutonium Lounger

Re: Posting to Body of EMail Message

I've moved this post from Software Finds and Wants to the Other Browsers and Email Clients forum.

I don't have an explanation or solution for your problem, but can't you use a stand-alone mail client such as Windows Mail, Outlook or Thunderbird? (Can you use POP3 or IMAP)

Silicon Valley, USA

Re: Posting to Body of EMail Message

It's rare that Java would be used for a mail editor. Most webmail editors now use pure JavaScript (e.g., Yahoo! mail, GMail). Hmmm...

In case your script security settings are restricting your ability to paste, check this setting in the relevant IE6 security zone: Active ScriptingAllow Paste Operations Via Script = Prompt. If this has been set on disable, then you now might get a prompt when you try to paste. Or maybe not. (The relevant security zone is the one applicable to the compose area.)