2008-04-09, 12:43 #1
- Join Date
- Jul 2002
- London, United Kingdom
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mail Merge Email Attachment (Word 2003 SP2)
This task has landed on my desk
1. Use mailmerge to create a personalised newsletter on our company letterhead template for 130+ clients
2. Send the letters via e-mail (Outlook) as attachments
3. Have the text of the letter in the e-mail (the letter contains a chart and in place of the chart insert the text <chart>) so people can at least read the letter on their blackberry
4. Blind copy by e-mail whichever manager relevant to each of the 130 clients
I don’t think this can be done. Any suggestions
Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!
Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!
+ Get this BONUS — free!
Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!
2008-04-09, 13:27 #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
- Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Re: Mail Merge Email Attachment (Word 2003 SP2)
It can't be done using regular mail merge to e-mail, but it's possible using Automation, i.e. controlling Outlook from Word in VBA. But that requires you to be familiar with both Word VBA and Outlook VBA. Post back if you want to know more about this option.