New Lounger
    Thanks

IE - 7 (Windows XP)

IE 7 automataically on dowload, against Woody's advice, which I thought I had configured. Well IE7 downloaded. Now no homepages, favorites, tabs going to other websites, NAV flags. Called Microsoft, evidently IE7 has new security they wish to control. I was told to go to system configuration..hide all but microsoft items. My Norton easdropping, phishing filters, etc. were removed....all favorites disabled..including this website...until Internet Explorer 7 made me browse correctly for a second or two. Today, I haved two icons for Internet Explorer, favorites disabled. Some aspects of security that Nav gave me. I asked specifically, was IE 7 starting to conflict with the protection of NAV and they said no..but they removed some of NAV protection devices.. Is there anyway to go back to IE6 or would want too ? Microsoft seemed willing to disable anything on my computer to make IE7 work, including a shot of this site, and explaining why I visit here. Is IE7 a bust /conflicts with other phishing filters...IE 7 seems to be running my computer, not me. Others with conflict, or advice ?

Thanks

Re: IE - 7 (Windows XP)

You seem to be in the minority so far as IE7 problems are concerned but if you want to revert back to IE6, you should be able to just go to Control Panel>AddRemove and remove IE7. When you remove it, you should automatically revert back to IE6.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your response Bob, however, viewing the other 7 responses , on links behaving oddly, Tabs not working in IE7 defintelty a problem, IE not shutting down. the only response I dont match is downloading tips and tricks for IE7.. I was wondering if Woody, would suggest to have let IE7 , pass one by for awhile ? Or go back to IE6 from the other 5 negative responses. How is your experience with IE7 ?

Thanks

My experience ( along with many Loungers, it seems ) has been positive. I have been using it since it was released and have not had any of those issues that you mentioned or any others. IE 7 IS more security conscience than IE6 but not to the point of removing or disabling any features.

I would suggest that you
    1.temporarliy disable Norton.
    2.Uninstall IE 7 and have it revert back to IE6.
    3.Reboot
    4.Temporarliy disable Norton again, since it would probably re-enable itself on boot.
    5. Download and Install a new copy of IE 7 from HERE
    6. Re-enable Norton.

BTW, you DO have Windows SP2 installed don't you?
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Bob, I will do that today. Yes I have SP2 installed. Thanks for your help.