3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2007 Trainer - Southern California? (2007)

Hello. I hope this sort of post isn't frowned upon. I'm a software trainer in Southern California. Recently received a request from a small law firm in Beverly Hills, CA to do a training in Office 2007, with a particular emphasis on Word 2007. The firm used WordPerfect for a long time, then switched to Word 2003 about a year ago. They are rolling out Word 2007 on three or four computers now and would like to become comfortable with that version (i.e., using it to create legal documents); to improve their automation; and to do troubleshooting (they specifically mentioned problems with automatic paragraph numbering). Although I have Word 2007 on a couple of my laptops and am just starting to write handouts, I am not yet sufficiently fluent in that version to feel that I can do an adequate job of training these folks. I would very much like to locate a trainer -- preferably someone who specializes in training law firms and other entities that work with legal documents -- in the Greater Los Angeles area who has been using Word 2007 (and the other programs in the suite) long enough to develop real expertise and who is able and willing to handle this training. I probably could do it, but I just don't think I'm quite ready yet.

They're also looking for someone fluent in the advanced features of Acrobat -- but Office 2007 is a somewhat higher priority for them.

If you know someone who could help out, please post back and/or -- if it's permissible -- send me a note at my business address, compusavvy@earthlink.net. I'd appreciate a response ASAP.

Many thanks in advance.

Jan B.
    Author, Formatting Legal Documents With Microsoft Word 2010
    and Formatting Legal Documents With Microsoft Office Word 2007

For Word and WordPerfect tips, visit my blog at http://compusavvy.wordpress.com

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word 2007 Trainer - Southern California? (2007

Found someone (I think). Thanks to all who made an effort to help out. (Don't hesitate to contact me if you know of someone else who is qualified to do such a training; the info. could come in handy in the future.)

In the meantime, I'm brushing up on my skills and working up some handouts.

Jan B.
    Author, Formatting Legal Documents With Microsoft Word 2010
    and Formatting Legal Documents With Microsoft Office Word 2007

For Word and WordPerfect tips, visit my blog at http://compusavvy.wordpress.com