New Lounger
    Seattle, Washington, USA

Plain Text Paste (PP 2003)

I'm pretty frustrated trying to achieve a plain text paste with PPT. I tried recording a macro following my keystrokes and that didn't work. I gave up on macros and I've just been using keystrokes (Alt-E-S-U-Enter) and that has been working, but now I'm pasting into a table and that's not working properly now either.

Instead of coming in as plain text (and then taking on the paragraph & font formatting characteristics of the target), the paste comes in and replaces the entire cell contents and is formatted as well (probably from the master slide?).

I found a macro and a reference to another macro when I searched the archive, but neither works for me. I'm guessing it's because they were written for PPT 2000 and the syntax requirements must be different. I get an error complaining that a User-defined type is not defined.

Sorry; it seems that I've actually presented two problems here: one seeking a macro for plain text paste on a regular paragraph, and the other seeking the ability to plain text paste into a table cell. Solutions to either would be most welcome.

Plutonium Lounger

Re: Plain Text Paste (PP 2003)

The macro from <post:=166,083>post 166,083</post:> should do what you want. To make it work, you need to set a reference to the Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library. The easiest way to do this is as follows:
    - Activate the Visual Basic Editor.
    - Select Insert | UserForm. This will create the reference.
    - Remove the UserForm again. The reference will remain.