2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Add new name to list box??? (97)

i have a worksheet that contains links to another xls file called dummy. this dummy file is used to hold exports from an access query that gives me unique names in a database. Then the dummy file is used as the source file for a column on my DATA ENTRY sheet

each cell in the column of DATA ENTRY looks like this ( ='G:New Ideas[dummy.xls]Sorted Names For
    Excel'!$A2)

The problem here is that if a new name that is not already on the database needs to be entered it can't be because a list box is there. The list box has the names that appear on the dummy file from Access. How can i make it easy to add a new name to the list, while still allowing the user to select from the list? I was thinking an update query but it is not installed on our machines. Anyone know a way to solve this stumper. If you need more info just ask, thanks alot.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Add new name to list box??? (97)

I don't quite understand what you're doing. Why are you using a spreadsheet to populate a listbox in Access, or is the listbox in Excel? Where are you trying to add a new name from, Access or Excel? And are you using Excel as a front-end for an Access database or what? To get an answer that really helps you, you'll need to give more detail on exactly what you're doing or trying to do.
    Charlotte