Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Image on clipboard saved to named file?

I'm not looking for screen captures, as discussed in the thread on <post#=595,580>post 595,580</post#>, but ...
    ... a specific task, that of easily saving an image from the clipboard to a named file.

I am writing within VBA, and am able to send the selected inline shape(s) to the clipboard.
    If I can shell to a dead-simple EXE which transfers the (clipboard) image to a JPG, stored in any fixed location (e.g. C:1.JPG), my VBA code can easily transfer C:1.JPG to an appropriately named folderfile.

I have Googled for such a utility, with no luck.

I could write the thing in VB6 as an EXE, but I'd rather avoid work at this stage.

In this thread(<post#=125,092>post 125,092</post#>) I have managed to save the clipboard to a PPT slide, but the entire slide is saved, leaving my image looking like a grainy little island in a sea of whiteness.

(later) I'd considered using VBA from within Word to resize the image on the PPT slide to fit the entire slide, but the various images don't conform to the same width/height ratio as the slides.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Image on clipboard saved to named file?

PastePicture.zip from Office Automation Ltd. - Stephen Bullen's Excel Page looks like it might have potential. Without looking at the detail, I can't guess at how much modification would be needed.

See also XL2GIF and Manipulations

Alan

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Image on clipboard saved to named file?

Thanks, Alan. You're my hero!

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xl2gif.htm
    Look for "Make a GIF copy from a Clipboard Copy "
    hence to
    http://www.qsl.net/ac6la/
    Look for "Make a GIF / JPEG / PNG File from a Clipboard Copy"
    hence to
    http://www.ac6la.com/makegif.html
    "The MakeGIF utility program allows you to create a GIF, JPEG, or PNG file from any picture or bitmap that you have copied to the clipboard. Optionally, you can resize the image as part of the process."

I played with it, then cloned the entire workbook to produce "ChrisGreavesMakeGIF.xls" (atached)
    To inspect the code, open Excel, then choose File, Open, browse to the file, but hold down the SHIFT key before clicking the OPEN button. Look in ThisWorkbook.
    To see it work, paste any image to the clipboard (from any source), then execute the ChrisGreavesMakeGIF.xls by double-clicking it in Windows Explorer.
    Attached Files Attached Files