Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sending using a non-default account (2003 SP3)

I am using OL 2003 in Internet mode (standalone). I use different email accounts for different listserve subscriptions. I would like OL to use the proper account when sending email to each list. As it stands now, unless I remember to choose the right account manually mail goes out using my default account and is rejected by the list.

For example, I might have a contact card for group1@list1.com. Email to that contact should always be sent using my Gmail account, whereas group2@list2.com should use my Yahoo address.

I thought this might be managed in the Send Options for the contact, but apparently the Send Options are not available in Internet mode.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Robert

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sending using a non-default account (2003 SP3)

No, that is not possible in the interface - it would get hairy if you specified more than one recipient for an e-mail message, with different accounts associated with the recipients...

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Hans. These would be one-to-one relationships, e.g., the contact group1@list1 should always be sent to using my gmail account. group1 is a listserve, not a distribution list.

I thought I had used this type of feature with an earlier version of Outlook, but maybe I'm remembering a different mail client.

Robert

Thanks

I think when you Reply, Outlook sets the sending account to the one through which the message came in. Although it's a hassle to compose your new messages as a reply, you could try it as a workaround.

There also is a VBA solution to setting the account on an outgoing message. Take a look at this thread: Prompt for Account (2003). You probably can make it sensitive to specific addresses with some additional work...