Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

A ShadowProtect Failure

I want to make this post very carefully because I DO NOT think there is a problem with ShadowProtect but the truth is, I don't know that for sure. I've been running the program EVERY DAY since March 24 (see attached text file) to do weekly full images and nightly incremental updates. I have not had a single problem or failure until today when I discovered that my overnight incremental did not run. Not only that, the SP program would not run and I had to reboot the machine in order to get it to do so. Clicking its icon produced nothing but a couple of seconds of spinning in my Avast AV icon and then, nothing. When I rebooted, the scheduled job said it was "completed" and the next scheduled run was for April 26 which would be the next full image date. Meanwhile, the next four nightly incrementals seemed to have been wiped out and I don't know why.

I edited the "job" to see if I could spot anything and as I went through each of the screens, I changed nothing. When I got to completion, the top level screen NOW says the next incremental IS in fact scheduled for tomorrow morning, as it should have been in the first place. When I look at the log for today's job, there are only a couple of entries and no indication of failure or what may have happened to cause the incremental not to run. I'll just have to wait until tomorrow morning to see if the rest of this week's cycle picks back up as it should.

Now, as a possible answer to this anomaly I would point you to my thread at <post#=707,113>post 707,113</post#> in the Windows XP forum. I don't know if I'll be able to wrestle this one to the ground, but at the moment I believe that whatever caused this "...failure to flush..." error caused SP to get "victimized" and for some reason be unable to run. I've looked in the SP forums to see if I can find any relationship, but it's tough. I just wanted to alert our few SP users to this situation and to ask you to keep your eyes and ears peeled for similar problems.
    Attached Files Attached Files