5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

IBM Parts Source?

Had a friend buy a 8305-29U NetVista desktop from a place she worked, and she asked me to see what upgrades I could do to it. It was a new enough Pentium 4 to move up from Win2000 to Vista, so I bumped the RAM, installed a DVD/CD burner and did the Vista install. Afterwards, I discovered that the built-in video card could only do 640x480, so I installed an AGP card and Vista was happy.

BUT this NetVista uses a plastic clip to hold cards in, instead of individual screws, and the clip is missing (as is the blank-off plate for one of the slots). I have temporarily secured the AGP card with a butterfly clip, but would prefer to have the IBM part (and the blank-off plate, which is shorter than standard). Does anyone know a good place to find non-standard parts like these?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Re: IBM Parts Source?

Joe

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: IBM Parts Source?

>> See if there is anything at Lenovo Support & downloads - NetVista personal computer 8305-29U support. <<

Thanks. The main part is called an I/O cam bracket, and Lenovo does have it for $24. No joy on the blank-off plate, though.