mrhic

Macro by condition reports. (Access 97)

Newbie be easy on me : )

I need to run a macro from a button on a form that prints a serious of reports that grab data from a query that is made up of data from the form. This much is working. I need to be able to condition one ofe the reports to print only if one of the field values = Yes

Please help me!!!! : )

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Macro by condition reports. (Access 97)

Add the conditions column to your macro. You can do this in the macro design window by clicking View/Conditions on the Menu Bar. In the row for that specific report, in the Conditions column, enter something like: [yourFieldValueName] = "Yes". If "Yes" does not evaulate correctly, try [yourFieldValueName] = -1.

mrhic

Am I pointin it to the report, query or form for this field? Like Report! [report name]! [Field name] = -1 ? This is what I have been trying.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Are you saying that out of all the reports that the macro calls, this particular report should execute only if a value on the form is -1? In that case, use [Forms]![YourFormName]![YourTextboxName]= -1. Remember the form must be open to see the value.
    If you are saying something else, you need to explain the field value that will evaluate to -1and how it relates to the other objects in more detail.