Thread: WebDrive (8.01)

New Lounger
    Thanks

WebDrive (8.01)

Can WHS remote access be set up as a site for WebDrive? I use remote access to deposit and retrieve work-related files between my home and my office, and this wojuld make things so much easier....

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks

Re: WebDrive (8.01)

With WHS you set up your own online domain that should be accessible from work. By setting the appropriate permissions you should be able to copy from work directly to a WHS server - no need for webdrive. For whatever reason if you want or must continue to use webdrive I suggest you look in their support forum.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Joe. I have remote access working from here (at the office from my home server at home), yes; it was easy to set up and it works. I've never used Webdrive, but if it does what it says it does - and if WHS supports this - I would be able to "map" my home server as a drive here at the office. No more logging in and navigating to folders, then uploading or downloading. I would just open and save files as if they were on my network here at the office. Now that would be convenient.

Administrator
    Thanks