2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

VBA code window (Excel 2003 SP3)

PROBLEM: A very strange thing happens when I run my Excel application. It jumps into the VBA code window in break mode for no apparent reason. Sometimes, it tries to go into break mode but I get a message box that says something like "Code execution has been interrupted." with options to Continue, End, Debug (DISABLED), or End.

BACKGROUND: Some info about the application: Sheet2 has a button that opens a form. The form allows users to filter their data retrieval by selected clients. The "GO" button on the form runs a SQL query via an ODBC connection returns data.

MY ATTEMPTED SOLUTIONS: I verified that the db query is working. I have removed all the stops and cleared all breakpoints in the code. I have Compiled. Saved, Closed and reopened (usual MS solution to a whole host of issues.)

Does anyone have any idea why this strange behavior is happing and more importantly, a possible solution? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: VBA code window (Excel 2003 SP3)

Try Jan Karel Pieterse's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in XL,290455>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in XL<!/post>.

Thanks

You might also try exporting, removing and then reimporting all code modules and userforms (or run Rob Bovey's Code Cleaner) to see if that helps.
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I did what you suggested (Exported, removed, imported) and still had the same issue. I even started with a new workbook and imported all the modules and form. However, because I had to shutdown overnight, when I re-opened the application, the strange behavior was gone. I don't know why it happened but I am investigating Hans V's link as well as looking into the code cleaner you mentioned.
    Thanks,