eshookry

Microsoft Project 2000 - Hiding tasks (Microsoft Project 2000 9.0.2001.0219 SR-1)

I am wondering if anyone would know how to hide tasks or even a heading with subtasks. I do not mean expanding and contracting tasks. For example, if there are a list of tasks under heading 1 in your project and another list of task under heading 2 in the same project, and you only want people to view the tasks under header 1 and hide tasks under header 2, is that possible in Microsoft Project 2000?

Elaine Shookry

Thanks

Re: Microsoft Project 2000 - Hiding tasks (Microsoft Project 2000 9.0.2001

I think your best bet would be to remove those tasks into an external project file and then you can choose not to display them.
    Real user based security is not present in Project. The general concept being that project managers can not manage unless given access to all the information. Everyone else gets reports.
    Now I believe you could do something similar to your request in Project Central, but that is because no one except the Project manager actually accesses the file. Everyone else gets web based reports.

Cheers
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile