Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Looking up Values (Excel 2007)

I need code to look up the values in three different columns on 7 different workbooks. What I am trying to do is to consolidate some of the items. I am familiar with lookup table, Match & Index function, but do not know how to apply this on several worksheets.

The columns in one of the workbooks is R, T & AD , but this could differ on the other worksheets, but for the purposes of this worksheet, lets assume that the column are all the same.

See attached example what the decriptions are which I need to look up the values in the 7 workbooks named BR1, Br2, Br3 etc up up BR7

Your assistance in this regard will be most appreciated

regards

Howard
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Looking up Values (Excel 2007)

Could you give us an idea what the workbooks BR1 etc. look like, and what the expected results are?

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans

Thanks for the reply. I need to look up the values of the desriptions under "total Net Turnover" & "TOTAL ADJUSTED GROSS PROFIT" for NEW VEHICLES, USED VEHICLES, SERVICE,PARTS & DRIVEWAY
    in column B in the workbook Sample Consolidated Data" The data is to be obtained from 7 Workbooks B1, Br1, Br3 up to BR7 from column R, T & AC

The result under "total Net Turnover" for New Vehicles should be -17,310,037

See Sample workbook Br1

regards

Howard
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Since there are no column headers to indicate what is what, you'll have to write out the entire addition. In the following I've assumed that you want to add columns R, T and AC for br1.xlsx and columns P, S and AB for br2.xlsx. For cell B2:

=[br1.xlsx]Sheet1!$R2+[br1.xlsx]Sheet1!$T2+[br1.xlsx]Sheet1!$AC2+[br1.xlsx]Sheet1!$P2+[br1.xlsx]Sheet1!$S2+[br1.xlsx]Sheet1!$AB2+...

This formula can be filled down to B15, then you can clear the cells that don't need to be included (B7 through B10).

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans

Thanks for the help, which is always appreciated.

I thought that I may have to use a linking formula, but thought that there may be an easier solve problem

Regards

Howard