New Lounger
    Thanks

MS 2007 Fonts (Microsoft Office 2007)

My IT person just installed office 2007. The default font in this version of the application is horrible. I was able to change the default font of the email in outlook and ported over my templates in word, so the fonts in those applications are partially fixed.
    But.
    The font in the Mail sidebar (used to name all of the folders) and the font used for the informational section (From, Subject, Size, etc) are still the default style, and I get a headache trying to read them.
    Is there a way to change the default fonts for this part of outlook?

Thanks in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Re: MS 2007 Fonts (Microsoft Office 2007)

I suspect that the font you so dislike is the one I have just installed in preference to the one which was originally set as the default in XP!

Suggest you right click on an empty area of your desktop, and select Properties. In the window which comes up, click on the Appearance tab, then on the Advanced button at the bottom right. Now click on the down-arrow in Item (which initially reads Desktop) and work your way down the list for those items which have fonts associated with them; the ones of relevance seems to be: Active Title Bar, Icon, Inactive Title Bar, Menu, Message Box, Palette Title, Selected Items, ToolTip. Keep a note of what font(s) were present and the size(s) shown. On my PCs I have changed all font instances to Segoe UI - and, yes, it seemed odd at first but I prefer it now! You may want to replace the font with something like Tahoma or MS Sans Serif, and see whether you prefer either. Maybe look at someone else's PC to see what they have?

Note that making changes may not have an effect unless you have Windows Classic shown as the choices on the Appearance screen - I vaguely remember reading something about that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Batcher!
    The styles are Cambria and Calibri, according to MS. I had already changed the fonts in the areas you suggest...and the fonts change in some areas, but not in the office applications in the areas I described. It is almost as if MS does not want us to change certain parts of the application--or they have made it hard for us to figure out how to make things look right.

I hate purple, and the font looks like purple even when you know it is black.
    If anyone else has a suggestion I would truly appreciate it...

Thanks

> I hate purple, and the font looks like purple even when you know it is black.

I have found this effect on an LCD screen can be due to having something other than the default screen resolution set, e.g. you usually should have 1280x1024 set for a 19" screen. Go into the Settings tab and see what yours is set to!

Also, you should ensure that in Appearance, when you click on the Effects button, you should have a tick in the box in front of "Use the following method to smooth the edges of fonts" and that "ClearType" appears in the drop-down box.
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Thanks

This is unfortunate:
    <hr>Note You cannot change the font size, color, or type in the Navigation Pane.<hr>
    Source: Customize the Navigation Pane - Outlook - Microsoft Office Online