Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Service Pack 1 phobia (Vista Home Premium)

Hello and greetings from the great "Free State" of Tennessee,
    As of yet i have not yet installed service pack 1 (sp-1). I am somewhat reluctant to do so, based on my past exploits. (innumerable full system recoveries) etc. Question, is there any "downside" to not installing "SP-1" seeing how everything seems to be working just fine(for now) and have grown fond of the "search function" even though it occasionally gets me in trouble. Regards Plain Fred.
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Service Pack 1 phobia (Vista Home Premium)

Improved reliability of systems that were upgraded from Windows XP to Windows Vista.
    Provides security software vendors a more secure way to communicate with Windows Security Center.
    Improves the speed of copying and extracting files.
    Improves the time to become active from Hibernate and Resume modes.
    Improves performance of Windows® Internet Explorer® 7 in Windows Vista, reducing CPU utilization and speeding JavaScript parsing.
    Improves battery life by reducing CPU utilization by not redrawing the screen as frequently, on certain computers.
    Improves the logon experience by removing the occasional 10-second delay between pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL and the password prompt displaying.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Service Pack 1 phobia (Vista Home Premium)

DaveA,
    Hello and thank you for your response. Im still not convinced that i need this service pack (SP1) just yet. So i'll hold off for a while longer, and see how it "shakes out" Regards Plain Fred.
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)