5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Canon MP50 printer (2003 SP3)

I have a Canon Multipass MP50 all-in-one printer. It used to be able to perform a Scan to Email function (from the Multipass Toolbar on my PC). That would scan the document and then open a new document in OL and attach the scanned document automatically. That has recently stopped working. Now it just scans the document and sends it to never-never-land. Could Office SP3 have done sometning sneaky? I recently installed it, but can't correlate it with the onset of my problem. I can't find any settings in the Multipass software that specifies the email program.
    I've done a Google search and a Canon forum search with no luck.

Thanks

Re: Canon MP50 printer (2003 SP3)

I suspect the Multipass Toolbar is mailer agnostic and uses your default email program. Can you try updating that setting? In Windows XP, use the Programs tab of IE's Internet Options dialog to change your default mail program to something else, such as Outlook Express, save that, reopen the dialog and change it back to Outlook.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Canon MP50 printer (2003 SP3)

Thanks, but that didn't work.. As a test, I clicked on Scan to Mail, with no paper in the scanner, causing a dialog box to pop up that says Put paper in the doc feeder, Dummy! Behind that box is a list of parameters including Image Type - Black and White, Resolution-75 dpi, etc. Of interest is the line that says Linked to - System Default, followed by a box that says MAPI Mail. There is no option, either here, or in the settings menu, to change this.
    HH