Lounger
    Thanks

Distributing one report to multiple users (access97)

Greetings:

I have a report which needs to be distributed to about 50 sales reps on a monthly basis - BUT I want each rep to only see their own data. Currently I have it set up so I have 50 queries, each of which has a rep's name as the criteria and my macro runs each query and dumps it into a temp table, then exports the report, then runs the next query, etc, etc.

I'm thinking that there must be a way in VBA to set up the export function for the report, but which reads all the sales reps from a list (i.e. does a loop through a list and exports the report as JoeBloggs.snp, FredSmith.snp, etc and when it gets to the end of the list it stops).

If anyone could help me with where on earth to start with this sort of thing I would be eternally grateful. Thanks in advance.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Distributing one report to multiple users (access97)

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/>Roger's Access Library </A> is an excellent recourse THERES MORE BUT IT WONT POST IT This is a Test I'll post my problems using preview in the relivant place

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/download.asp?SampleName='EmailingSpecificReports.m db>This is a direct link to EmailingSpecificReports.mdb</A>

But if the link fails go to the site as above and look for it under table of contents. I can

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'm sorry about this but I've have problems posting! I think this --EmailingSpecificReports.mdb could be of some use You should find it under the table of contents. I can

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Rupert. your link to the website worked and I have downloaded the database. It's sort of getting me there - I just have to figure out how to over-ride the sendobject action with an output action. Thanks again for taking the trouble to get back to me on this. Fingers crossed!!!!!!!!