2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Constructing Access datatables (ACCES 2007)

Another problem:
    Based on addresses I have three kind of clients
    a) clients with facturationaddress = Deliveryaddress
    clients with facturationaddress <>Deliveryaddress
    c) clients with one facturationaddress and two or more different Deliveryaddresses

Because the number of clients with more than one Deliveryaddress forms a minority, i thought that it would be better to construct a separate table for the DeliveryAdresses. The facturationaddress remains part of the Client table.
    What is the best way to construct such a DeliveryTable, so that more than one address can be related to the same client. Maybe the same table can be used for suppliers with different supplyaddresses?
    On the other hand, because not all clients have more than one deliveryaddres, wouldn't it appropriate to preview in the frmClients, into which new clients can be entered or existing clients can be edited or consulted,to have a button or checkbox, that in case this button is clicked or checkbox as marked, that a popup form comes into sight into which new Deliveryaddresses can be enterd or existing Deliveryaddresses can be consulted?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Constructing Access datatables (ACCES 2007)

Although it would be possible, I wouldn't use the same table for client delivery addresses and supplier addresses, it would complicate working with the data.

I would use a subform of the client form to display the delivery addresses. To preserve space and to avoid having this subform visible all the time, I would place a tab control on the client form, and place the general client data in the first tab, and the delivery addresses subform in the second tab.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png x.png (2.6 KB, 0 views)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Constructing Access datatables (ACCES 2007)

Thanks a lot. Have a good time
    Jacques Pardo