Thanks

Contact Folders (MSO 2003 SP-3)

I was going through all my contacts to remove duplicates. While so doing, I moved duplicates I found to a folder named, conveniently, Contact Duplicates, which I had set up as a contacts folder, and it therefore was showing for the Contacts available in both the Contacts and in the To and From in my email.

After I was through, I then was going through and setting up rules for the view (if from X color it red). That's fine, problem is, I mistakenly got some of my names from the Contact Duplicates folder, not the Contacts.

I then, thinking I was through with the duplicates, either moved the folder or deleted it, because now the names that were wrongly picked from that folder are giving me errors.

And that folder is still showing as a choice when selecting names for email etc. But I cannot find the bloody folder.

Could I have deleted it and still have it showing as a choice? If so, how can I fix that?

Or, could it still be there and I'm just not finding it, in which case how could I go about finding that folder?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Thanks

Re: Contact Folders (MSO 2003 SP-3)

<hr>I then, thinking I was through with the duplicates, either moved the folder or deleted it, because now the names that were wrongly picked from that folder are giving me errors.

And that folder is still showing as a choice when selecting names for email etc. But I cannot find the bloody folder.

Could I have deleted it and still have it showing as a choice? If so, how can I fix that?

Or, could it still be there and I'm just not finding it, in which case how could I go about finding that folder?<hr>
    If you Delete a folder (just the Delete key), it makes itself a subfolder of Deleted Items. How long it lingers there depends on whether you have Deleted Items set to be purged automatically.

If you Shift+Deleted the folder, it's gone forever. (At least without expensive file recovery tools.)

If you think you might have dragged and dropped it "somewhere," you'll have to either poke around in any folder that has subfolders, or try to think of something unique in it and run a global advanced search.

Thanks

Jefferson:

To look in my Delete folder, it looks like it's gone. I don't use Shift-Delete but I do empty that folder, so....

That being the case, how can I remove the references to the Duplicates folder? I can re-build the views, but the references and linking to i that makes it show up in the Outlook lists is not only annoying, but a mis-file waiting to happen.

Where is that stuff stored in Outlook? Is it a registry entry that I could fix? Or a file that could be edited or repaired?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

Thanks

I don't understand what is causing the folder to be visible in some places, so I don't know how to get rid of it.

Thanks

I just found it:

It as still showing in the list of "Existing directories and address books". Once I deleted that, it all went away from the drop-downs.

(I certainly) Learn something new every day, it seems.

Thanks,
    Chuck