Star Lounger
    Thanks

outlook Personal Folders (outlook 2007 (12.0.6212.

I recently installed Office 2007 on a new computer using XP Pro. I transferred my personal folders from Outlook 2003 on my other computer. Outlook works fine BUT I find I have 2, not 1, "Personal Folders". The sub-folders are not identical.
    In Personal Folders no 1, which has most of my sub-folders, when I examine folder properties, under the General / Advanced tabs, I have the filename as "Cocuments and SettingsBarryLocal SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftOutlookOutlook.pst". This folder , in the Home Page tab, has a check mark in the "Show home pages by default in this folder" dialog and lists the address as res://C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice121033OUTLWVW.DLL/outlook.htm "res://C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice121033OUTLWVW.DLL/outlook.htm".
    In Personal Folders no 2, which has only a few named sub-folders, under the General / Advanced tabs, shows the file name as being the same "Cocuments and SettingsBarryLocal SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftOutlookOutlook.pst", but the Home Page tab is totally blank.
    How do I correct the situation so that there is only ONE iteration of "Personal Folders"

I have looked in Data Management and found the following 3 Data Files :
    1. Hotmail - filename : "Cocuments and SettingsBarryLocal SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftOutlookOutlbarrycolelaw...m-00000008.pst
    2. Personal Folders, (marked Default) - filename : "Cocuments and SettingsBarryLocal SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftOutlookOutlook.pst"
    3. Personal Folders - filename : "Cocuments and SettingsBarryApplication DataMicrosoftOutlookOutlook.pst".

(a) Do I simply delete the second of the 2 Personal Folders under Data (after copying the mail in each of the sub-folders) ?

( Which "Application Data" folder should be used as storage for my .pst files for Outlook ?

Can safely, and should I, delete one of the 2 existing Outlook Application Data folders, or, alternatively retain both, and somehow keep them synchronized, and, if so, how do I do this synchronization ?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: outlook Personal Folders (outlook 2007 (12.0.6212.

I'd try closing the almost empty Personal Folders file from the File menu (after copying the items that you want to keep).
    Does that work, or does this close the other one automatically too?
    I wouldn't actually delete any .pst files at the moment, at least not without making a backup.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: outlook Personal Folders (outlook 2007 (12.0.6

Once again, I have solved my own problem. Here is what I did. In Windows Control Panel, under Mail tab, Profiles, Show Profiles, there were 2 profiles, I found the one NOT identified as "Local" (I mistakenly reversed the references in my original post), and, after first copying the outlook.pst file to another location, I simply deleted the profile. So now I will simply import the saved data file into Outlook, of course, not duplicating mail.