2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Drivers for Delta CD-ROM

I had a problem with an Iomega Zip Drive, which I appear to have fixed. Now, however, I have a problem with the CD-ROM - I can access it with the drivers on the diskette that came with the computer, but I cannot 'see' it in the hardware list that appears after opening the 'System' control panel. Running the install new hardware doesn't change the situation.

How can I restore the Win 98 (SE) drivers?

TIA,

Kiwi44

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Windows Drivers for Delta CD-ROM

Well, that was a learning experience - I eventually found something on the Iomega site that said to go into safe mode, delete all Iomega devices (in the 'System' Control Panel, Device Manager), then uninstall the Iomega software (needs to be done in that order), then reboot (need to make sure that the Zip drive is completely disconnected from the computer), and reinstall after disabling the virus checker.

Something got so screwed up in my system that I eventually went into the 'System' control panel (again in safe mode)and deleted the IDE stuff, and all drive entries (brave stuff, but I figured I would probably have to reinstall Win98 anyway!). Rebooting into normal mode brought everything back, and then followed the Iomega instructions (to the letter!), and I am now a happy camper!

HTH

Kiwi44

Lounger
    Thanks

i had to do something very similar to that with a network card. removing the card or device physically and restarting tends to remove everything associated with that device. i restared once again just for good measure, then put the card back in and was up and running.

[img]/w3timages/icons/king.gif[/img]

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Except that in this case, the external USB Iomega Zip drive is _supposed_ to be 'Plug-n-Play', which means that it doesn't uninstall itself automatically. I have yet to be convinced that 'PnP' is anything more than 'Plug-n-Pray'!!!

Kiwi44