Thanks

Tabs not working? (I.E. 7 Pro v2.2)

Ok this is bizarre. This morning all was well with I.E. 7 Pro, and then I went to open another web site with 3 tabs already open. A new tab came up but it wouldn't connect. In fact the page was dead. No connecting icon or anything. I closed I.E. but the new tab stayed open, I hit the crtl + del, and low and behold in the applications there was nothing. I clicked on processed and it showed IE running. I backed out of there, but I was still unable to close I.E. so I went back in and closed it from the processes tab. I next ran virus, spyware, and reg clean to se if that helped. Nothing NADA! Next I re-installed I.E. 7Pro, but that made no difference.
    Summary: I can open and use I.E 7 w/o any problems as long as I don't open a new tab.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Re: Tabs not working? (I.E. 7 Pro v2.2)

Try it without IE7 Pro. IE7 Pro is an add-in not in anyway from the IE group at Microsoft. I ran it for a while but had too many flaky things going on so I uninstalled it. I do know a lot of people swear by it. BTW, do you other IE add-ins running? There could be a conflict.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks

Joe,
    I did a little searching on Google and came up with something called SearchGlow that was causing pretty close to the same problem I am experiencing. I couldn't find it anywhere on my computer. The fix was to turn off all of theaddins listed except those from Microsoft and that is what I did. Now at least things seem to be working correctly. I will now start to enable addins one by one to isolate the problem. As for I.E. 7Pro not being supported by MS, I would have to think now that they are behind it, as it is featured as one of the 5 add on on todays Microsoft front page. 5 Great Add ons
    I will follow up later and let you know which Add On is the culprit.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks

That article was written by Sandi Hardmeier, a Microsoft MVP not a Microsoft employee. It is her opinion. Microsoft does not own nor support IE7Pro. See IE7Pro - About us for more information. If there is any Microsoft statement about IE7Pro I'm sure it would be that it is a third party program that Microsoft takes abolutely no responsibility for.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks

Ok here is the follow up.
    I enabled all of the add ons except those from Google and Yahoo, re installed I.E. 7Pro and all is back to normal.
    Thanks John

Administrator
    Thanks

I'm guessing you mean the Google & Yahoo toolbars. Toolbars have been problematic at various times. Glad you got it figured out.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks

yup, but the funny thing about those tool bars is that when I install any program, I use the advanced or custom install so that I don't get their tool bars. I must have missed one some where along the way.
    Thanks John