4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Merging Spreadsheet via VBA (2003)

I some code where I transfer info from Access to an Excel Spreadsheet
    DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel8, stDocName, strFileNameL (stDocName is the query to be exported, and strFileName is the name of the spreadsheet)

I now want to transfer this same information to an existing spreadsheet, that has other sheets in it and I don't want to delete the file, but just insert it into the file.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

thanks in advance for your consideration.

Ken

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Merging Spreadsheet via VBA (2003)

TransferSpreadsheet works as follows:

- If the target workbook doesn't exist yet, the code will create it with a single worksheet named after the table/query.
    - If the target workbook is already in existence, but there is no worksheet yet with the name of the table/query, the code will create a new worksheet with that name.
    - If the target workbook exists and if it contains a worksheet with the name of the table/query, this worksheet will be overwritten.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Merging Spreadsheet via VBA (2003)

Hans,

You know I THOUGHT that was how it was supposed work, but when it appeared that it was not, I paniced. However, after my panic attach and reaching out for help here I discovered a siginficant line of code that resulted in the impression that it was not doing what it was supposed to do. (Kill (strFileNameL).

In fact, it was doing what I asked, not what I wanted.

Thanks!

Ken