5 Star Lounger
    Patterson Lakes, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Thanks

Landscape prints in portrait (2007)

I have just upgraded to Publisher 2007. I have a series of mail merge A5 landscape Publisher docs that I have been printing for years without any problems. Now, after the upgrade, A5 landscape docs (clearly showing A5 landscape in page setup), print in portrait in what looks like A4. This happens in both the actual print and in print preview. A5 non-mail merge have the same problem. A4 landscape non-mail merge docs print in landscape just fine.
    I can't see anything to fix it. Help!
    Regards,
    Peter

5 Star Lounger
    Patterson Lakes, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Thanks

Re: Landscape prints in portrait (2007)

I found the answer. In Pub 2007 page setup page size & orientation only refers to the Publisher canvas. The actual paper size and orientation is set when printing!! And those settings appear not to stick unless you actually print one doc and then save. What a waste of paper, ink and time! At least I hope they stick, otherwise a regular, totally automated printing, will have to be done manually.
    So it would appear that Publisher takes no notice of page setup settings!!! That means that Publisher is great until you do the one thing you got Publisher for - publishing. Seriously how's that for a retrograde step. No doubt Microshaft will call it a feature.
    Regards,
    Peter