2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

ntdll.dll (2002 SP3)

Yesterday I went to open a front end Access file and recieved this error. The error only occurs if I try to open a database that has linked tables.

Faulting application msaccess.exe, version 10.0.6771.0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.0.2195.7006, fault address 0x00035913.
    Cannot find the file 'C:/Document and SettingwinstonDesktopProduction Reports.mdb' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available.

I have done an Office repair, then a uninstall and reinstall.
    I ran updates on all my drivers, Windows and Office.
    Doing a search on the Microsoft site and Google did not really help much.

I am running Windows 2000 Professional SP4, Build 2195

Thanks,

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: ntdll.dll (2002 SP3)

Can you open the database if you hold down the shift key while opening it?
    If not, it is probably corrupted. Do you have a recent non-corrupt backup?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I can open the database with the shift key held down. That got me thinking, so I tried to open a table that was linked, the database crash again. Then a little light bulb came on inside my head. I went into my ODBC manager and looked at list of drivers installed and seen a new one. The short story is the IS Department had an outside vendor adding drivers for a new database. For some reason he had to go back and change some settings and went into the wrong driver. He had changed the network libraries type to VIA in the Client Configuration area for my normal set of drives to the SQL server.

Every thing is back to normal for now.

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Phew, glad it's solved. Thanks for posting back.