Thread: Word (2003)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Word (2003)

Hi All,
    I have created a document which is divided into two sections, and I have page numbering set to {Page} of {SectionPages *MERGEFORMAT} This works fine, giving me 1 of 2, 2 of 2, then 1 of 14, 2 of 14 etc. It previews fine and prints fine. However, I then email this to a colleague in another country to print out and she gets 1 of 1, 2 of 2, 3 of 3, 4 of 4 etc. I have transferred the file to her pc instead of using email, and tried printing it myself over our connection to my local printer and I still get the error. I have asked her to try printing it out locally but she has left now for the weekend so I don't have the results for that yet.

I have Word 2003 Sp1 locally, and Word 2003 SP2 in my citrix session. I don't know what Judith is running.

We had this problem on another file with the same format when I asked her to print it out for me.

Has anyone seen this problem before? Any ideas?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word (2003)

See the article Page X of Y displays or prints as Page 1 of 1, Page 2 of 2 etc on the Word MVPS site.

StuartR

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word (2003)

Thanks Stuart - I'm about to go and try the updating and then if that doesn't work the workarounds listed. Thanks very much.